Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/2 an apple - grated or chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix together oats, egg whites, protein powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chopped or grated apple pieces.
- Pour half of the mixture on a pan or griddle sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Flip until they become golden brown on both sides.
- Top with extra apple slices and syrup or natural nut butter and enjoy :)
Spinach and cheese roll up with sweet potato fries
1 Whole Wheat Roll-Up: 110 calories
1/2 Cup shredded reduced fat Sargento Italian blend: 160 calories
1/2 Cup of baby spinach: 6 calories
Alexia spicy sweet potato fries: 130 calories
Total: 406 calories
I made this tonight and it was perfect. It hits the spot on those days where you want something satisfying and ‘junk food-ish.’
OMG this looks incredible!!
CAN I JUST HAVE?
For AJA and meeeeee… we need some healthy yummies, right? T3T
Recipes for smoothies that actually aid in weight loss
There are 23 total in the link below, so if the ones I’ve posted here don’t interest you, check out the others to find something you might like~
PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA
- Half of one banana
- 1/2smooth or crunchy low-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of non-fat milk
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- 6 cups of seedless watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup of lemon sherbet, non-fat milk, or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 12 ice cubes
- Put half the watermelon in the blender and blend until smooth, then add half of the ice and sherbet; blend until smooth. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
KIWI AND HONEYDEW
- 2 cups of honeydew, cubed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Place the honeydew, kiwi, apple, sugar, and lemon juice into the blender and blend until it’s smooth, then add the ice cubes and blend until the mixture is slushy.
- 1/4 cup of cubed mangoes
- 1/4 cup of ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup of mango juice
- 1/4 cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 6 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup of skim milk or soy milk
- 6 ounces of vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 1 medium-sized, chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons of cashew butter
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and then blend until smooth; best eaten with a spoon!
These all look so yummy! I think I’ll try the apple one first… or maybe the kiwi? but the mango peach looks so delicious!! oh no, can’t decide!
2 garlic cloves
1 (15-ounce) can of garbanzo beans
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 tablespoon tahini
1. Place garlic cloves, garbanzo beans, lemon zest and juice from the lemon and tahini in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Salt to taste.
2. Add two avocados and blend just until smooth. Salt to taste once more. Transfer to a bowl, pour a few tablespoons of olive oil on top, and sprinkle a few dashes of paprika. Serve with whatever you like, whether it be pita chips, warm slices of pita or crackers.
(via Avocado Hummus)
I could not live without ginger, curry, cayenne and mint.
7 Healthy Foods That Will Fill You Up
- Bananas - If you reach out for a banana when you feel hungry instead of an empty calorie snack, you’ll nourish your body and you’ll be ingesting way less fat and sugar than many snacks.
- Eggs - As long as you’re not eating 12 of them in one week, eggs are good for you.
- Almonds - Just one handful of almonds will keep you full for a long time because they are great at suppressing appetite.
- Avocados - It contains good fats (monounsaturated fatty acids) and it contains protein that will fill you up nicely
- Peanut Butter - You can easily find peanut butter that contains only 100% roasted peanuts (you can buy the organic and non-organic kinds). There are no hydrogenated oils, sugar or salt added to the peanut butter. This is a healthy option.
- Oatmeal - Is a great super food because it’s low in sugar, high in fiber and it’s so quick to prepare.
- Apples - Packing an apple for your daily snack will not only add one fruit/vegetable portion to your daily recommended intake and the fiber will fill up your stomach